Hope you are enjoying this great weather. Here in Houston the weather
was perfect and was great to spend some time outside.
In addition to last weeks lesson, it's important to know
a few basic principles will help you be competitive in
these new times.Actually, these principles are the
foundation of success in ANY marketplace environment.
So, what are these core success principles?
Here's my list of the top 7:
1. Marketing should be your #1 priority. No customers, no
business, plain and simple.
2. You should be doing something EVERY SINGLE DAY to market
your business. Doesn't matter how small it is. Take action.
3. Focus on quality prospects not quantity. A handful of
quality prospects will do a whole lot more for your business
than a bunch of mediocre ones.
4. Become known as 'the expert'. People like to work with
'the best' and the way you can become known as that is to position
yourself as 'the expert'.
5. Forget about branding your business. Build name recognition
through consistent, effective direct response marketing. This
does not mean blast your name out there in worthless
advertisement you see other companies doing. Do you have
the budget that Coca-Cola and McDonalds does? Use direct response only.
6. If you're not online yet, you're already waaaaay behind the
curve. Because of the way your customers and prospects are
researching their options, you've got to be online when they
come looking for you.
7. Don't forget about your existing customers. They're your most
valuable asset and it's 10x's easier to sell them than it is to
sell to a brand new customer.
Keep these 7 points in mind as your looking to grow your business
and as you position it for future growth.
Let me know what your biggest marketing challenges are so I
can provide you with the information that will have the most
impact and benefit on your business!